e4 employs proprietary tools and methods to drive Cerner implementation projects efficiently. We deliver transparency, timeliness and accountability for Cerner net new and extension initiatives.
1. Program Management Architecture and Leadership: Comprehensive, efficient, and aligned to Cerner’s methodology, we leverage program management best practices (our LEAN Engineering Playbook) and utilize e4’s Program Management & Metrics Dashboard (e4caster™).
- Program Architecture, Deployment and Management (Program Director/PM’s)
- LEAN Program Governance Structure Establishment
- Executive Bootcamp, Team Lead Bootcamp, SWAT Team
2. High Impact KPI Protection Services & Design Audit Team: Designed to ensure that program tactics, work sessions and designs are optimal and protect the financial interests of the organization. Package includes e4 tools and leverages Cerner tools where available.
- Clinically Driven Revenue Cycle Bootcamp, Work Session/Kaizen to Build a KPI Protection Blueprint
- Design Review: Workflows, DCW’s, Design Decisions, Education Content
- Revenue and Charges Design Audits – Including Cross Walks to Revenue and Usage Data
- Executive KPI Dashboard and Operational KPI Tracker
3. Testing Office Leadership and Staffing: Proven and repeatable testing services, managed through e4caster™ dashboard, provide unparalleled visibility into go-live readiness.
- Testing Office Architecture, Testing Directors, Managers and Coordinators
- Testing Readiness Scorecards, Reporting and Briefings, Roadmap & Timeline, Resource Plan
- Cost Confidence Modeling (Balance Testing Comprehensiveness and Costs)
- Design and Manage Effective Integrated and Claims Testing Events
4. eMPI Cleanup: Unique strategies to not only identify and remediate eMPI issues, but to also solve the underlying cause of duplicate creations.
- Duplicate Identification and Cleanup Services and Productivity Tracking Dashboards
- Duplicate Avoidance Best Practice Process Development and Application
5. Cerner Staffing: Expert specialists to fill in for team and staffing gaps.
- Revenue Cycle, EMR and Allied Health/Ancillaries
- Integration Architects, Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers, Program Directors,
Testing Coordinators, Testing Directors, Workflow Designers, KPI Protection Experts
Additional Cerner Services Provided:
|TDR and Technology SWAT Teams||Utilizing e4 for TDR coordination will ensure that come go-live, hardware issues are minimal and everyone can focus on patient care and resolving workflow issues.|
|eMPI Remediation||e4 will not only lead and correct the eMPI issues, but also to assist in identifying and solving the underlying causes of further DMRN creations.|
|Managed Services||Realize substantial cost and time saving benefits with e4’s leveraged managed support service model.|
|Cerner Program Management||Comprehensive, efficient, and aligned to Cerner’s methodology, we leverage program management best practices and proprietary program management/metrics dashboards.|
|Integration Architects||An e4 IA watches over all silos to make informed technical decisions, helping you avoid frustration with end users, save money and ensure stability of your Millennium domain.|
|Testing Services||e4’s experience, process, tools and people help execute the most efficient and effective testing possible in healthcare, providing unparalleled visibility into go-live readiness.|
|Upgrade Services||By providing hands-on, proactive issue resolution and daily client interaction, e4 provides a cost-effective, tailored and efficient alternative to the traditional upgrade approach.|
|Application Installs||e4 provides full end-to-end module (Surginet, PathNet, RadNet, etc.) implementation support, including testing, issue tracking and remediation and education.|
|Revenue Cycle Operational Readiness||It is difficult for any organization to implement a new EHR/PAS. e4 has led numerous customers through this transition and understands what it takes to be successful.|
|Revenue Cycle Cleanup||e4 can help train and educate client teams by cleaning up work queues and offering feedback on the root cause of backlogs, improving productivity and financial reporting.|
|Revenue Cycle Optimization||e4 uses proven best practices to monitor and improve your revenue cycle KPIs, enabling your organization to achieve profitability and key metrics.|
|IT Staffing||e4 expert IT specialists include Revenue Cycle, EMR and Allied Health/Ancillaries, IA’s, SME’s, PM’s/PD’s, Testing Directors, Workflow Designers and KPI Protection Experts.|
|Digital Transformation & ROI Analysis||e4 provides a broad set of ROI analysis solutions, including Cloud, Desktop, Medical Equipment, Blockchain and Legacy Systems Consolidation.|
|e4 LEAN Engineering Software & Innovation||e4 employs an innovative suite of proprietary software tools that have been refined over time to consistently enhance and accelerate desired outcomes for complex projects.|
|Millennium CCL/Custom Report Writing||e4 provides high-quality, customized reporting solutions for Cerner Millennium. e4 delivers custom reporting more quickly and at a significantly lower cost than traditional methods.|
CASE STUDY: LEAN Engineered EHR Conversion Strategies
Lessons Learned from a Successful LEAN Engineered EHR Conversion at Winthrop-University Hospital
Winthrop University Hospital (WUH), a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center and New York State-designated Regional Trauma Center located in Mineola, NY, recently embarked on a Cerner Soarian Big Bang EHR conversion, transitioning to both Cerner Soarian Financials and Cerner Soarian Clinicals. By utilizing a LEAN Governance Model (“DELTA Team”), visibility tools and a commitment to LEAN project management, WUH was able to achieve a successful conversion. This case study highlights several proven strategies that contributed to the success of the project. Download the case study.