e4 employs proprietary tools and methods to drive Cerner implementation projects efficiently. We deliver transparency, timeliness and accountability for Cerner net new and extension initiatives.
1. Program Management Architecture and Leadership: Comprehensive, efficient, and aligned to Cerner’s methodology, we leverage program management best practices (our LEAN Engineering Playbook) and utilize e4’s Program Management & Metrics Dashboard (e4caster™).
- Program Architecture, Deployment and Management (Program Director/PM’s)
- LEAN Program Governance Structure Establishment
- Executive Bootcamp, Team Lead Bootcamp, SWAT Team
2. High Impact KPI Protection Services & Design Audit Team: Designed to ensure that program tactics, work sessions and designs are optimal and protect the financial interests of the organization. Package includes e4 tools and leverages Cerner tools where available.
- Clinically Driven Revenue Cycle Bootcamp, Work Session/Kaizen to Build a KPI Protection Blueprint
- Design Review: Workflows, DCW’s, Design Decisions, Education Content
- Revenue and Charges Design Audits – Including Cross Walks to Revenue and Usage Data
- Executive KPI Dashboard and Operational KPI Tracker
3. Testing Office Leadership and Staffing: Proven and repeatable testing services, managed through e4caster™ dashboard, provide unparalleled visibility into go-live readiness.
- Testing Office Architecture, Testing Directors, Managers and Coordinators
- Testing Readiness Scorecards, Reporting and Briefings, Roadmap & Timeline, Resource Plan
- Cost Confidence Modeling (Balance Testing Comprehensiveness and Costs)
- Design and Manage Effective Integrated and Claims Testing Events
4. eMPI Cleanup: Unique strategies to not only identify and remediate eMPI issues, but to also solve the underlying cause of duplicate creations.
- Duplicate Identification and Cleanup Services and Productivity Tracking Dashboards
- Duplicate Avoidance Best Practice Process Development and Application
5. Cerner Staffing: Expert specialists to fill in for team and staffing gaps.
- Revenue Cycle, EMR and Allied Health/Ancillaries
- Integration Architects, Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers, Program Directors,
Testing Coordinators, Testing Directors, Workflow Designers, KPI Protection Experts
Additional Services Provided:
- System Release Upgrade Services
- Education, Communications
- Change Management Strategy, Design, Planning and Content
- HIM Services: Productivity & Staffing Allocation Models, Cross Team Collaboration for Issue Resolution
- Go-Live ‘At-The-Elbow’ Support Team
CASE STUDY: LEAN Engineered EHR Conversion Strategies
Lessons Learned from a Successful LEAN Engineered EHR Conversion at Winthrop-University Hospital
Winthrop University Hospital (WUH), a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center and New York State-designated Regional Trauma Center located in Mineola, NY, recently embarked on a Cerner Soarian Big Bang EHR conversion, transitioning to both Cerner Soarian Financials and Cerner Soarian Clinicals. By utilizing a LEAN Governance Model (“DELTA Team”), visibility tools and a commitment to LEAN project management, WUH was able to achieve a successful conversion. This case study highlights several proven strategies that contributed to the success of the project. Download the case study.