LEAN, innovative, results-oriented approach to achieve transparency and accountability.
Imagine having 100% enterprise-wide transparency and accountability to guide team members, stakeholders, departments, and executive staff for every project.
e4 takes a LEAN, innovative, results oriented approach to program and project management.
- EHR and Clinically-Driven Revenue Cycle Architecture, Implementation, Optimization and Staffing (Cerner Millennium, Cerner Soarian, Epic)
- PMO Design and Project Planning
- Managed Services (Legacy Support and Outsourced Testing)
- Go-Live Support Services
- Corporate and Shared Services Design and Implementation (HIM, IT, Rev Cycle, CDI)
- Population Health Architecture & Management
- LEAN Program Design and Improvement
CASE STUDY: LEAN Engineered EHR Conversion Strategies
Lessons Learned from a Successful LEAN Engineered EHR Conversion at Winthrop-University Hospital
Winthrop University Hospital (WUH), a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center and New York State-designated Regional Trauma Center located in Mineola, NY, recently embarked on a Cerner Soarian Big Bang EHR conversion, transitioning to both Cerner Soarian Financials and Cerner Soarian Clinicals. By utilizing a LEAN Governance Model (“DELTA Team”), visibility tools and a commitment to LEAN project management, WUH was able to achieve a successful conversion. This case study highlights several proven strategies that contributed to the success of the project. Download the case study.